Are there scholarships available within Canada?
Of course. There are numerous scholarships available in Canada for both Canadian as well as international students. These scholarships are available at various levels.
Some of the opportunities for scholarships in Canada are:
- Scholarships for Canada and ASEAN in addition to Educational Exchanges for Development (SEED) For mid-career professionals
- The Canada CARICOM Faculty Leadership Programme
- Emerging Leaders from the Americas Program
- Canada-China Scholars’ Exchange Program
- Study in Canada Scholarships
- Canada-Brazil Awards – Joint Research Projects
- The United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement Bursary is at Yorkville University
- KDS International Scholarship Competition
- AAR Aircraft Service Award for International Students at Fanshawe College, Canada
What are the requirements to have in order to apply for one of the scholarships offered in Canada?
Candidates must be citizens of one of the following eligible countries/territories:
- Asia: Bangladesh, Nepal, Taiwan
- Europe: Turkey, Ukraine
- Middle East and North Africa: Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Libya, Morocco, Tunisia
- Sub-Saharan Africa: Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Uganda
- must be enrolled as full-time students at postsecondary institutions in the eligible countries/territories and paying any tuition fees required by these institutions at the time of application and for the full duration of the exchange;
- those who have Canadian nationality or permanent residence or are awaiting a formal application for permanent residence who are citizens of Canada or permanent residency Canada is not eligible.
- currently enrolled in an exchange program that is funded through government of Canada. Government of Canada are not qualified;
- Students who are already enrolled in a course that is currently enrolled at an Canadian postsecondary institution aren’t qualified.
What percentage is needed for a scholarship for students in Canada?
A minimum percenrequirementments to apply for any scholarships is that the student e score at least 80 percent marks in their exam for class 12. In addition, the parent’s income must not exceed the sum of Rs. 4.5 lacs per year.