Essential Documents to be included in Swiss Visa Application
- The application forms can be downloaded, complete it in full and with sincerity. It is also possible to fill out the Schengen Visa application form electronically and print it out as a hard-copy.
- Two photos should be submitted The photo must be in passport size A recent, full-face photograph with a white background. Find out more about the requirements for photos and the requirements for the Swiss Visa.
- The passport of yours and copies of your visas previously issued – valid for at minimum 3 months beyond the return date are required. Your passport should have at minimum two blank pages.
- Copy of your return-ticket reservation. It is not advised to purchase the ticket prior to receiving a visa – even If not otherwise required.
- A travel medical insurance certificate of minimum 30000 EUR coverage throughout Switzerland and throughout the Schengen zone
- A cover letter outlining the main reason for visiting Switzerland and the itinerary
- Flight itinerary reservation , including the dates as well as flight numbers that specify departure and entry into Switzerland
- The proof of accommodation must be valid throughout the stay planned in Switzerland
- Present proof of your civil status (marriage certificate birth certificate of children or marriage certificate, death certificate, or ration card if required)
- A proof of having sufficient funds to cover the duration of time in Switzerland. Foreign nationals who wish to live and work in Switzerland’s territory Switzerland must prove that he has at minimum 100 CHF , or 92.34EUR/day at the time of the time he is in Switzerland and when the foreigner is a student, the amount is reduced to thirty CHF, or 27.70EUR/day. Foreigners are required to show proof of adequate funds at the time of applying for an Swiss Visa at an Swiss Consulate, Embassy or Embassy.
- Employment contract
- The bank statement for the most recent six months
- No-objection certification from employer
- Form for Income Tax Return (ITR) form or the Certificate of Income Tax deduction to the point of the salary
If you are self-employed:
- Copy of the company license
- Bank statement of the company for the most recent six months
- Revenue Tax Return (ITR)
If a student:
- The proof of enrollment
- Letter of approval for leave from the school or from the university
Statement of pensions for the latest six months
Regular income from property evidence that is up to date six months
*Note: The completed application form must be handed in with the other required documents and presented directly to the appropriate consulate or the representative of that embassy/consulate in your country of Residence.
Other than the basic documents required, there are other documents based on the nature the application is for. Swiss Visa application.
Additional Documents Needed Swiss Visa Application
Swiss Tourist Schengen Visa Requirements:
- Invitation letter that includes the address and telephone number from your family member, or sponsor If appropriate
- Bank statement from the past six months
- Passport copies
Swiss Schengen Visa for Business Purposes:
- A letter of invitation from the Swiss firm you’ll be visiting with their exact address with dates of your visit
- A valid certificate from your employer that permits the business travel you are allowed to make
- If there have been prior business relationships between the two companies the evidence of these relations should be presented.
- Business bank statement from the most recent six months
- Memorandum and Article of Association in original certified copy (registered with joint stock companies) Trade License (first issued and present renewal), Proprietorship/Partnership documents
- In relation to the expense of the applicant’s the stay within the Schengen zone the employer or partner company should provide coverage for expenses in the invitation letter or in the invitation.
Swiss Schengen Visa for Medical Purposes:
- A medical report from a local doctor
- A medical certificate from the doctor or hospital in Switzerland and confirming the time of your appointment and the medical conditions you are in
- Receipt of payment for medical expenses
Swiss Schengen Visas for Sports, Culture, Film Crew or for Religious Uses:
- An invitation letter sent by the mentioned authorities, containing details on the nature of the event or activities, the reason for the visit, and expense insurance
- Names of the candidates (crew members)
- Stay duration
- Travel itinerary
Swiss Schengen Visa for Members of Official Delegations:
- Official invitation copies
- The identity of the applicant
- The purpose of the journey (negotiations or meetings, events through intergovernmental organisations and consultations)
- The duration of the stay
- The place of lodging
Swiss Schengen Visa for Study or Training, Research, or any other type of internship Uses:
- An enrollment certificate that allows students to attend classes
- Certificate of completion of courses or certificates completed
- Financial sustenance
- Swiss Schengen Visa for the Husband or Wife of an Swiss citizen
- Documentation for Swiss citizenship (ID card or consular card, or a certificate of Swiss naturalization or citizenship)
- Swiss marriage certificate
- Record the book Swiss family
- Swiss Airport Transit Visa
- Visa or any other type of entry permit for the country of transit
- Copy of your valid passport to your final destination
Swiss Schengen Visa for Underage Children:
Evidence of the parental income (work contract with a specified monthly income or account statement, or business licence)
Travel permission notarized by parent (parental travel permission)
If one of the parents lives in another country , they must sign their notarized parental travel permission
Note: When applying to the Swiss consulate/embassy in the country of origin parents or guardians must accompany the children under age.
Swiss National visa
If you plan to remain within the borders of Switzerland for a period of over 90 days (at minimum 91 days) for any of your visits during an interval of half-years starting from the date of your first entry, you must apply for a Swiss visa.