Beginner’s Guide To British Citizenship For An International Student

As professional immigration consultants for the UK There are questions being addressed to us regarding whether an international student is able to settle in the UK following the completion of their education?


Yes students from abroad can remain in the UK for a long time to become an British Citizen after completing the studies within the UK. It is possible to do this but it’s a lengthy procedure and may be a bit difficult at times, but with a little planning, it’s possible.

With the introduction of the Graduate Route beginning on 1st July 2021, applicants can apply for a two-year visa unsponsored for Master’s and Bachelor’s Degrees and three years for the completion in Ph.D. in the UK. This is a description of the entire procedure as step-by-step instructions, starting with the reason to choose for the UK to study higher?

According to the June 2020 ranking, UK has 8 universities which are included within the top 100 ranking, as well as 18 institutions that are in the top 200 ranking and 81 universities that are included as top universities in the world that means that the UK among the most sought-after destinations for students from abroad, including India.

  • The shorter length of the course is 3 years as opposed to 4 years in the majority of nations for college degrees. one year for Master’s degrees when compared to two years in the majority of countries.
  • UK Degrees are regarded as valid and respected by many countries around the world.
  • The most sought-after destination for international students due to its multi-cultural place.
  • The size of the UK Economy and the strength of the services sector, which includes International Finance.
See also  Best SOP Samples For Canada Student Visa

If you are planning to move in the UK the first step is to locate a program that leads to a degree that is highly sought-after within the UK.

The third step is to focus fully on your studies and finish your studies with the highest scores. It is also essential to get some work experience during the mid-term and final vacations in the field that one hopes to land an employment opportunity in the UK upon completion of the studies.

The next step is to find a job while on the Graduate Route visa from which one could switch to the sponsored route of skilled Worker visa.

The most important thing to note is that the times of time spent within the UK under the Student Route as well as Graduate Route are not included in a an eligible stay that lasts five years. This is needed to qualify for permanent residency for the UK. In essence, earlier is better when it comes time to switch to an Skilled Worker Visa.

For more precise information If one earns the Master’s degree within one year and then changes to an Skilled Worker visa The qualifying five-year period begins immediately. However, in the event that one waits 2 years under the Graduate Route, and then changes onto the Skilled Worker route, the qualifying period begins two years behind.

After the five years, one may apply for an indefinite leave to remain or permanent residency in the UK and , if the application is granted it will be granted settled status that does not imply a limitation on time or visa restrictions!

See also  Top Three Countries You Can Study For Free

A year after receiving the ILR or an indefinite leave to stay in the UK one may apply for British citizenship.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.

Scroll to Top